- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to f/22
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements
- Two Aspherical Elements
Samyang AF 35mm f/1.8 FE Lens for Sony E is a wide-angle prime mixing a lightweight and portable design with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture. The optical design incorporates a two extra-low dispersion elements and a pair of aspherical elements, which help to suppress both chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness, color accuracy, and clarity. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in order to achieve higher contrast when working in strong lighting conditions. The lens's linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' AF systems for quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance, and manual focus override is also available for more refined control. Additionally, a Custom Switch enables making intuitive adjustments of a variety of camera and exposure settings by rotating the lens's focusing ring.
- Compact wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Two aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and resolution.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- The integrated linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' focusing systems for quick, quiet, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Custom switch can used for lens-based control over select exposure or shooting functions, such as aperture selection, with additional settings coming via future firmware updates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.